Monday 24 October 2011

Gif Development

I've brought my image back into Photoshop and gradually added color to different sections. I chose green because it goes hand in hand with the 'Earth Girl' element, and it's one of the colors I would associate with my personality. I played close attention to the main image of the face and hat, and for the background, I chose to use a gradient background to fill in the extensions from the hat and the text and I think it works well altogether.











This is just an inverted version of the image above, which I thought was pretty cool.

Here's the first attempt:

file:///Volumes/ERICA%20GREEN/GIF%20IMAGES/Green.gif

I thought it didn't quite get the message across that I wanted, so I did a monochromatic animation that had the basic idea of building up and stripping down elements in a cyclical system. I used the text as a constant because it always has one element of the text to go with the frame. This kind of associates with the idea of building up on your own individual traits that make a person beautiful and then when it gets to the full image with all of the text, it's like the beauty is coming together as one solid concept before it breaks down again.


Here are some screenshots of the process I was going through making this version. I broke up the image onto several different layers, then added two or three elements onto one layer and then made several layers with the same kind of idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment